This Anti-Corruption Platform for Latin America provides a platform to showcase civil society organizations working on anti-corruption, in particular through activities around UN Convention against Corruption (UNCAC) and its review process.
Organizations can share their work and contact information on their respective profile page. Through a dedicated email list and regular calls, organizations that are part of the platform discuss best practice approaches, coordinate advocacy activities, update each other on relevant developments and learn from each other’s experiences.
Not all CSOs listed on this platform are members of the UNCAC Coalition
Select a CSO by country from the map below
Civil Society Organizations (CSOs): 37
- Argentina (5)
- Bolivia (3)
- Brazil (3)
- Chile (4)
- Colombia (6)
- Ecuador (3)
- México (3)
- Paraguay (2)
- Perú (4)
- Regional (2)
- Uruguay (1)
- Venezuela (1)
*UNCAC Coalition members
By clicking on the country, you can access the CSOs from that country working on anti-corruption.
Call for applications: Support for CSO Contributions to the UNCAC Implementation Review
The UNCAC Coalition offers support to CSOs that want to become involved in and contribute to the UNCAC implementation review process in their respective country. We particularly encourage CSOs to produce parallel civil society reports and follow-up reports. Find more information here.
- Publication of civil society report on Colombia, 19 January 2022
- Publication of civil society report on Honduras, 9 December 2021
- Publication of civil society report on Paraguay, 2 November 2021
- Publication of civil society report on Argentina, 23 August 2021
- Publication of civil society report on Ecuador, 15 April 2021
- Publication of civil society report on Costa Rica, 18 June 2021
We encourage you to share actively on this platform:
Blog posts, short news updates, publications, relevant events/webinars with information on:
- Updates and contributions to the UNCAC review process in your country,
- News and major reforms on UNCAC implementation in your country,
- Information on identified best practice approaches and success stories in your country/region,
- Information on asset recovery cases involving your country,
- International anti-corruption cases and (court) cases relevant beyond the borders of your country,
- Research reports and analysis that is relevant for a global audience,
- Attacks against your organisation,
- Interesting events you are organising/hosting in relation to anti-corruption efforts.
Please do not share information such as:
- Press releases, in particular those directed to a local or national audience,
- Information that does not relate to the UNCAC or anti-corruption efforts more broadly,
- Statements on national issues (unless there is clear relevance for an international audience).
UNCAC Review Mechanism
Find out more about the UNCAC review mechanism and how you can contribute here.
Selected activities and articles of interest for the Latin America Regional Platform:
- 7th Regional Meeting for Latin America and the Caribbean: The often overlooked but crucial link between gender and corruption, 18 July 2022
- 6th Regional Meeting for Latin America and the Caribbean: Asset and interest declarations for more transparency and accountability, 13 May 2022
- Kickoff Regional Meetings for 2022 discuss priority topics and actions, 2 March 2022
- Fourth Regional Meeting for Latin America & the Caribbean discusses Whistleblower Protection, 30 November 2021
- Regional submission to the 9th UNCAC CoSP (CoSP 9) on anti-corruption priorities for the Latin America region, in English and Spanish, 26 November 2021
- Third Regional Meeting for Latin America: Access to Public Information as an Anti-Corruption Tool and a Right to Protect, 27 September 2021
- Second Regional Meeting for Latin America: Political Financing, Corruption and Integrity, 24 May 2021
- First Regional Meeting for Latin America: Public Procurement and Covid-19, 26 March 2021
- Litigando en nombre de las víctimas de la corrupción: el caso Duarte en México, 19 February 2021
- Letter to the Inter-American Commission on Human Rights, 18 February 2021
- First Regional Webinar on Strategic Litigation of Corruption in Latin America, 17 December 2020
United Nations Convention against Corruption (UNCAC)
With the start-up of the UNCAC review mechanism in 2010 came an important new channel for civil society engagement in anti-corruption efforts. To facilitate contributions by CSOs to the review process, UNODC, the UNCAC Coalition and Transparency International have provided a number of trainings and workshops.
In order to promote collaboration between CSOs and facilitate the identification of partners, the UNCAC Coalition Latin America Anti-Corruption Platform provides the possibility to:
- explore by country the profiles and contact details of a number of CSOs in the region doing UNCAC-related work, including CSOs that attended trainings and multi-stakeholder workshops on UNCAC and its Review Mechanism,
- learn from other CSOs in the region about their involvement in UNCAC implementation and its Review Mechanism, including their contributions, obstacles they encountered, lessons learned and best practices they came up with, and
- get updates on the status of the reviews in their countries and the contribution of CSOs to those reviews.
Questions and Answers