The UNCAC Coalition’s Victims of Corruption working group seeks to facilitate discussions, the exchange of information and joint advocacy among civil society experts around victims’ remedies and compensation for damages caused by corruption.
Working group coordinator: Juanita Olaya, UNCAC Coalition ex-board member
Selected past activities and outputs of the UNCAC Coalition working group on victims of corruption:
- Blog post: Litigating on Behalf of Victims of Corruption: The Duarte Case from Mexico, by TOJIL México, 18 February 2021
- Blog post: Arguments or Excuses? Common Reasons I hear to avoid Reparations for Corruption Cases, by Juanita Olaya, 11 May 2020
- Blog post: Reparations for Corruption: How Corruption Enforcement Ignores Victims’ Rights,
by Juanita Olaya, 28 February 2020
- Panel discussion: Repairing the Damage: Redress for Victims of Corruption, Vienna, on the sidelines of the 10th resumed session of the UNCAC Implementation Review Group (IRG), 3 September 2019
- Statement by UNCAC Coalition Chair at a UN OHCHR Expert Workshop on Corruption and Human Rights, 11 June 2018
- Joint letter to OECD Secretary-General Angel Gurría:
Principles for the use of non-trial resolutions in foreign bribery cases,
by Corruption Watch, TI, Global Witness and the UNCAC Coalition, 6 December 2018
- Statement: Recovery of Damages and Compensation for Victims of Corruption,
UNCAC Coalition Statement to the 7th Conference of States Parties (CoSP), October 2017
- Blog: Compensation for Victims of Corruption: Why does it matter?
by Sue Hawley, December 2016
- Blog: Repairing the Damage Caused by Corruption
by Juanita Olaya, October 2015
- Blog: Is there an Obligation under the UNCAC to Share Foreign Bribery Settlement Monies with Host Countries?
by Maud Perdriel-Vaissiere, September 2015
UNCAC Coalition Guidelines and Etiquette
Please have a look at our Guidelines and Etiquette, which apply to all conversations and the exchange of information within this group and its email list. By being part of this group, you agree that you have read and will follow the guidelines set for the VoC group and its email list.