The Eighth Session of the UNCAC Conference of States Parties (8th CoSP)
Abu Dhabi, 16–20 December 2019
What is the 8th UNCAC CoSP and why is it important?
From 16 to 20 December 2019, representatives of many of the 186 States Parties to the UN Convention against Corruption (UNCAC) will meet at the Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Centre, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, for the 8th session of the UNCAC Conference of States Parties (CoSP8).
This biennial anti-corruption gathering is the most important global event for checking progress on the UNCAC and for strengthening efforts in the fight against corruption. Government officials and experts will attend the meeting, as well as representatives of international organisations and civil society organisations (CSOs).
The formal provisional agenda for the five-day meeting will cover the review mechanism, technical assistance, corruption prevention, asset recovery and international cooperation. The Conference will also discuss the modalities resolution for the "Special Session of the General Assembly against corruption" that the UN General Assembly decided to convene in the first half of 2021.
CSO representatives are allowed to attend the COSP as observers (unless a government objects that a CSO without ECOSOC accreditation attends), which gives them the opportunity to attend plenaries, make oral statements and make written submissions, as well as hold side events.
Civil Society Preparatory Meeting on 15.12.
The day before the CoSP, on Sunday, 15 December, the UNCAC Coalition and UNODC are organising a preparatory meeting for civil society organisations, starting at 10:30.
Detailed agenda will follow soon.
Important documents and deadlines
- Invitations for non-ECOSOC CSOs to attend as observers have been sent out by UNODC.
- 29 November 2019 – Deadline for non-ECOSOC accredited CSOs that have been invited as observers to submit their final delegation lists
- 6 December 2019 – Deadline for CSOs to submit statements to the CoSP
- For more details on the rules for NGO participation and contributions, please see this Guidance note on the participation of representatives of NGOs
- Information for participants
- Provisional agenda
- You can find all official documents related to the Conference on the UNODC CoSP8 page.
- Additional information is available on the official CoSP8 conference website.
The schedule of special events has not been published yet. The schedule will be published on the official COSP8 website.