The UNCAC Coalition’s Grand Corruption and State Capture working group seeks to advance discussions around defining, criminalising and investigating grand corruption and state capture. It will also help inform and shape revived discussions about possible new international mechanisms to tackle impunity in grand corruption cases.
Working Group Chair:
Gillian Dell, Head of Conventions Unit at Transparency International and UNCAC Coalition board member.
In case you are interested in joining the working group, please fill out this form.
The Working Group hosts a dedicated email discussion list as well as several coordination calls per year.
Next Working Group Meeting:
Thursday 7 March 2024, 15.00-16.30 Vienna time
Selected past activities and outputs on Grand Corruption:
- Blog: How can we tackle Grand Corruption? A summary of IRG side event, 20 September 2021
- Blog: Addressing impunity for grand corruption: what are the options – Voices for Transparency, 2 March 2020
- Blog: Grand Corruption in Malaysia: How money is laundered and who is facilitating it, 19 May 2017
Advocacy Toolkit: Ensuring Effective Reparation to Victims of the Harm caused by Corruption
- Find the Toolkit for Ensuring Effective Reparation to Victims by the UNCAC Coalition Working Groups on Asset Recovery, Gender, Inclusion and Corruption, Grand Corruption and State Capture and Victims of Corruption here.
Open Letter: A Call for Action at the 10th UNCAC Conference of States Parties in Atlanta in December 2023 to Ensure Effective Reparation to Victims of the Harm caused by Corruption
- Read the Open Letter to UNCAC States Parties: A Call for Action at the 10th UNCAC Conference of States Parties in Atlanta in December 2023 to Ensure Effective Reparation to Victims of the Harm caused by Corruption here in English, Spanish and French.
Consequences of Corruption: The Right of Victims to Participation and Reparation in Corruption Cases
Find the written submission to the CoSP10 by the UNCAC Coalition Working Groups on Victims of Corruption, on Asset Recovery, on Grand Corruption and State Capture, and on Gender Inclusion & Corruption here.