The UNCAC Coalition’s Asset Recovery working group seeks to facilitate discussions, exchange information and joint advocacy among civil society experts.
Working Group Chair: Gillian Dell, Head of Conventions Unit at Transparency International and UNCAC Coalition board member.
In case you are interested in joining the working group, please fill out this form.
The Working Group hosts a dedicated email discussion list as well as several coordination calls per year.
Next Working Group Meeting:
Tuesday 28 June 2022, 14.00-15.30 (CEST)
Selected past activities and outputs on asset recovery:
- Commentary: From Freeze to Seize: Dealing with Oligarch’s Assets in the UK, RUSI, 13 April 2022
- Blog: The UK’s new framework for transparent and accountable asset return – putting this global precedent into perspective and practice, Spotlight on Corruption, 21 January 2022
- Working Group submission to the 9th UNCAC CoSP (CoSP 9) on Advancing Asset Recovery, 7 December 2021
- What is the key to improving Asset Recovery? A summary of our IRG side event, 17 September 2021
- UNCAC Coalition Asset Recovery page
- Blog: Switzerland and Uzbekistan sign agreement on return of USD 131 million – Statement by Uzbek Civil Society Activists, 16 September 2020
- Submission: Transparency International and UNCAC Coalition Submission to the UNGASS against Corruption: Proposal for a Multilateral Agreement on Asset Recovery, 12 June 2020
- Blog: Working Group on Asset Recovery – Document Review, 3 May 2019
- Statement: Civil Society Statement for the UNCAC Working Group on Asset Recovery Session June 2018, 6 June 2018
- Statement: Civil Society Statement for the Global Forum on Asset Recovery, 4 December 2017
- Submission: UNCAC Coalition statement to the 7th Conference of States Parties in Vienna, 6-10 November 2017