30 May 2019 –
The UNCAC Coalition offers support to civil society organisations (CSOs) that want to become involved in and contribute to the UNCAC implementation review process in their respective country.
What we support
The UNCAC Coalition offers technical support, as well as limited financial support, to CSOs that want to use the UNCAC implementation review to advance their mission.
In particular, the Coalition supports CSOs in
- producing a parallel civil society report, covering all or selected articles of the second cycle of UNCAC reviews, which deal with chapters II (preventive measures) and V (asset recovery)
- producing a follow-up report on the implementation of the first review cycle
- making other forms of contributions to the implementation review process
Support we offer
The Coalition can offer the following support to CSOs:
- Guidance materials (guidelines, questionnaires, report templates) for researchers
- Helpdesk support for the researcher via email/skype
- Peer review
- Graphic design for the report
- The Coalition may be able to provide some limited financial support for the production of a parallel report and other advocacy activities, such as covering the cost of a researcher. The level of support depends on the scope of activities.
- We give preference to ODA recipient countries.
- The larger share of the funds can only be transferred after the delivery of outputs.
Your organisation should fulfil the following criteria:
- You are a registered organisation
- You are a non-profit civil society organisation
- You have a track record of work, including written outputs such as policy reports, on issues that link to provisions of the UNCAC
- You have an idea of how you would like to use the UNCAC implementation review to advance your organisation’s mission
- You have in-house capacity to contribute to the UNCAC review process and to produce a parallel report
- The contact person and the researcher can work in English (this can be the same person)
- You are willing to cooperate with the UNCAC Coalition’s Hub team to ensure a high-quality report
- It is possible for you to sign a service contract and to receive payment only after milestones are reached and outputs are submitted
Membership in the UNCAC Coalition is not a prerequisite.
Before you apply
To apply, we ask you to fill the form linked below.
Before you do that, please take some time to research and reflect on the following aspects:
- When is the UNCAC implementation review taking place in your country (for more info, see the UNODC country profile page and this spreadsheet) – note that the actual review process may be behind schedule, so best to inquire with the government focal point
- How can your organisation use the review process to advance its mission?
- How would you like to contribute to the review process? Are you interested in producing a parallel report?
- If so, which chapters/articles do you want to cover?
- Do you have the capacity, including an experienced researcher, to draft a parallel report?
- See examples of UNCAC parallel civil society reports here.
How to apply
In a first step, please fill the form below. Once we have received your information, we will then get back to you to discuss the next steps: