For its Vienna office, the UNCAC Coalition is looking for an intern (30 to 38.5 hours per week) for a duration of 6 months.
Starting date: Middle of June – Beginning of July 2021
The UNCAC Coalition is a globally active umbrella organisation, uniting civil society actors from all backgrounds and committed to promoting the ratification, implementation and monitoring of the UN Convention against Corruption (UNCAC). The Convention is the only binding universal anti-corruption instrument and has been ratified by 187 States Parties.
The Coalition has a membership of over 100 civil society organisations and individuals on all continents, as well as a wider network of an additional 250 organisations. This membership harnesses a broad range of issues: human rights, anti-corruption, freedom of information, financial transparency and environmental expertise.
- Provide policy research support to the Coalition and member organisations (in particular relating to the implementation of the UN Convention against Corruption);
- Draft blog posts, work on improving and updating the Coalition’s website;
- Draft and edit communication outputs (newsletter, letters, statements, reports, etc.);
- Contribute to advocacy activities and outreach work;
- Assistance in the organisation of events, including around governmental meetings at the UN (panel discussions, workshops, etc.);
- Engage with member organisations, non-member organisations and partners;
- General administrative assistance in day-to-day operations.
- Insights into the work of anti-corruption groups globally;
- Steep learning curve and the possibility to work on various different topics;
- Small team in a start-up like environment;
- Salary: 1.400€ gross/month (based on 38.5 hours/week; plus 13th/14th salary, proportionally).
- Keen interest in the field of anti-corruption, government transparency and good governance;
- Recent graduate or enrolled student of law, international relations, political science, or other relevant fields towards the end of your degree;
- Excellent English language skills (essential, as it is the Coalition’s working language), including strong writing and editing skills. A preference will be given to candidates who also have advanced French language skills.
- Writing and editing experience is a plus. Familiarity with WordPress is a plus.
A valid work permit for Austria that allows you to work 30 or more hours per week is required. Unfortunately, the UNCAC Coalition is unable to sponsor work permits.
For the successful candidate, there may be an opportunity to receive a grant by the European Solidarity Corps. If awarded, this would include a relocation allowance, a travel allowance, organizational support and a free online language course. More information on how to apply for the grant will be provided to the successful candidate.
Closing date: 30 April 2021
Due to the high volume of applications, we may not be able to provide individual feedback on your application. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 2-3 weeks of the deadline with a writing assignment.
At the UNCAC Coalition, we value diversity and welcome applications from qualified individuals, irrespective of nationality, origin, race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation or other personal characteristics. Our policies encourage a workplace free from discrimination and any form of harassment.
Recent openings: status of the hiring process
- Paid Internship: recruitment process open.
- UNCAC Coalition Recruitment Policy (.pdf)