The annual briefing of civil society organizations on the UNCAC by UNODC will take place on 15 June 2022 at 13:15 to 15:00 in a hybrid format (via MS teams and at the UN office in Vienna).
The meeting is taking place on the margins of the 13th Session of the UNCAC Implementation Review Group (IRG).
- Only Organizations with ECOSOC status or non-ECOSOC groups admitted as observers to the 9th Conference of the States Parties are allowed to attend.
- All organizations registered for the briefing can make written submissions to the UNCAC Implementation Review Group (deadline: 10 days before the briefing). The UNCAC Coalition is preparing several submissions.
- The briefing is based on UNCAC CoSP Resolution 4/6: no country names shall be mentioned during the briefing.
- In the week of the briefing, governmental experts will meet at the UN in Vienna for the UNCAC Working Group on Prevention, providing opportunities for informal meetings (NGO observers are not allowed to attend the working group).
- The UNCAC Coalition is (co-)organizing several side events during the week of the NGO briefing.
Details on the Briefing
The briefing takes place on the margins of a session of the UNCAC Implementation Review Group (which NGOs are not allowed to attend). The briefing provides an opportunity for civil society to engage with UNODC and hopefully also member states participating in the briefing.
“An official letter indicating the representatives of your Organization’s delegation who wish to participate in the briefing should include the following information:
(c) Contact details including individual email addresses, which will be used to grant and verify virtual access to the briefing;
(d) A clear indication of whether the participant(s) will attend in person or online.