24 March 2020
Switzerland has become the 22nd country to sign the UNCAC Coalition’s Transparency Pledge, voluntarily committing to a high level of transparency and civil society inclusion in the second cycle of the UNCAC implementation review.
Switzerland’s second cycle UNCAC implementation review, which covers articles on prevention (Chapter II of the UNCAC) and asset recovery (Chapter V), starts in 2020. It is yet to be determined who will be the peer review countries (probably in June 2020).
Click here for more details on how the review mechanism works.
Principles of Transparency
The Transparency Pledge covers the following principles, complementing the UNCAC Coalition’s guide which includes best practice approaches for promoting transparency and participation in the review process:
- We will publish updated review schedules for our country review
- We will share information about the review institution or the coordinator (focal point)
- We will announce the completion of the country review indicating where the report can be found
- We will promptly post online the self-assessment and the full country report in a UN language, together with the executive summary in local languages
- We will organise civil society briefings and public debates about the findings of the report
- We will publicly support participation of civil society observers in UNCAC subsidiary bodies