27 March 2020 –
We’re happy to announce this year’s elections for the UNCAC Coalition’s Board, the Coalition Coordination Committee (CCC), which directs and oversees the Coalition’s work.
The following seats are up for election
- Americas Regional Seat
- Europe Regional Seat 1
- Sub-Saharan Africa Regional Seat 1
- South Asia Regional Seat (incumbent eligible to run for another term)
- International Member Organisation Seat 1
- Individual Member Seat
With one exception, the board members currently holding these seats are ending their second terms and are not eligible to run again.
Relevant documents and forms
- CCC Election Rules of procedure (.pdf)
- Candidate Nomination and Self-Nomination form 2020 (.docx)
- Coalition governance page
- Charter (defines role and responsibilities of the Board)
Timeline of the election
- Fri, March 27: nomination period begins
- Wed, 6 May: nomination period ends
- Thu, 7 May: Instructions sent to members with information on the candidates and the next steps of the election procedure.
Profiles of all candidates are published on the UNCAC Coalition website, a forum for questions and answers to candidates is provided
- Thu, 21 May: Voting starts
- Wed, 27 May: Voting ends
The CCC reserves the right to modify the schedule in case of necessity, in particular due to the ongoing Coronavirus crisis.
We have been planning an in-person board meeting to provide an opportunity for outgoing and incoming members to meet in the week of 8 June in Vienna. Due to the restrictions in international travel and the current ban of meetings in Austria, we continue to monitor the situation and will decide on the meeting in the coming weeks, as it becomes clear how long the restrictions will be in place.
Questions? Need more information?
Candidates may be self-nominated or nominated by other Members, with the agreement of the nominated candidate. Candidates can only be accepted for the category in which they are members (according to region, organisation/individual membership).
To (self-)nominate for a seat, the completed candidacy form must be submitted.
Only ordinary members are eligible to vote in Coalition elections, and only ordinary members will receive electronic ballots.
Once all nominations have been received, the Vienna Hub team, on behalf of the Coordination Committee, will prepare a ballot paper on an online voting platform. The election system will be an online and anonymous voting system – presumably Election Buddy, which we have used successfully in the past four years of elections.