14 January 2020 –
In December 2019, Austria became the 19th country to sign the UNCAC Coalition’s Transparency Pledge, thus committing to the following six principles of transparency in the implementation review process of the UN Convention against Corruption:
- We will publish updated review schedules for our country review
- We will share information about the review institution or the coordinator (focal point)
- We will announce the completion of the country review indicating where the report can be found
- We will promptly post online the self-assessment and the full country report in a UN language, together with the executive summary in local languages
- We will organise civil society briefings and public debates about the findings of the report
- We will publicly support participation of civil society observers in UNCAC subsidiary bodies
Austria is currently undergoing the UNCAC review process by peer review countries Germany and Vietnam. See the country review documents as they are published here.
We hope to see more countries commit to the transparency principles by signing the Transparency Pledge.