Social media: Facebook
Head of the organisation: Alemekezeke Malanga, National Coordinator
Tel: +265-0-999424949 / +265-0-888424949
General description of your work in the prevention of and the fight against corruption
Corruption weakens institutions, criminalizes individuals and undermines social solidarity. Our primary objective, therefore, is to encourage and enable active public participation in combatting corruption by reporting experiences of corruption in Malawi.
The Centre for Democracy and Development believes that by shining a light on corruption and those who act corruptly, we promote transparency and accountability and protect the beneficiaries of public goods and services.
Each act of corruption prevented by our citizens underpins and fortifies civil society and thereby enhances democracy, the rule of law and the establishment of a more caring and just society.
Describe your organisation’s work linked with the UN Convention against Corruption
- Promote anti-corruption initiatives in the fight against corruption among citizens
- Flag up irregularities pertaining to corruption without putting whistleblowers or their reputation/integrity at risk
- Reinforce networking activities through broad mobilisation of volunteers in their respective districts against corruption
- Support the implementation of anti-corruption policies and best practices in their respective operating environment
- Work towards the promotion of an anti-corruption culture and foster civil society engagement in the fight against corruption
- Work towards the creation of a vigilant society by promoting the principles of transparency, accountability, integrity, rule of law, and fairness in the community