With the start-up of the UNCAC review mechanism in 2010 came an important new channel for civil society engagement in anti-corruption efforts. To facilitate contributions by CSOs to the review process, UNODC, the UNCAC Coalition and Transparency International have provided a number of trainings and workshops, including one in September 2016 with a focus on the CSOs in the Africa region.
In order to promote collaboration between CSOs and facilitate the identification of partners, the UNCAC Coalition Africa Region Anti-Corruption Platform, supported by TI Kenya, provides the possibility to:
- explore by country the profiles and contact details of a number of CSOs in the sub-region doing UNCAC-related work, including CSOs that attended trainings and multi-stakeholder workshops on UNCAC and its Review Mechanism,
- learn from other CSOs in the sub-region about their involvement in UNCAC implementation and its Review Mechanism, including their contributions, obstacles they encountered, lessons learned and best practices they came up with, and
- get updates on the status of the reviews in their countries and the contribution of CSOs to those reviews.
List of CSO profiles
Number of participating CSOs: 34
*UNCAC Coalition members
Country Profiles in the Review Mechanism
The first cycle of the Review Mechanism started in 2010 and covers the chapters of the Convention on Criminalization and Law Enforcement and International cooperation. The second cycle, which was launched in November 2015, covers the chapters on Preventive measures and Asset recovery. In each review cycle, each State party must undergo review once, and must perform between one and three reviews of other States. The timing of when each State is undergoing review, or acting as reviewing State, is determined by drawing of lots. View the Country Pairings for the Second Review Cycle. Access each country’s status in the UNCAC review cycle, including executive summaries and (when available) country reports.
Select a CSO by country from the map below
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde (Portugal)
- Central African Republic
- Côte d’Ivoire
- Democratic Republic of the Congo
- Equatorial Guinea
- Sahrawi Arab Democratic Republic
- São Tomé and Príncipe
- Sierra Leone
- South Africa
- South Sudan
By clicking on the country, you can access the CSOs from that country working on anti-corruption.
Upcoming and Recent Events
|Name of Event||Type of Event||Place||Date||Website|
|30th African Union Summit: ‘Winning the Fight against Corruption: A Sustainable Path to Africa’s Transformation’||Summit||Addis Ababa||22–29 January 2018||Outcomes of the African Union Summit 2017|
|Workshop on Fast Tracking the Implementation of the UNCAC||Workshop||Dakar||7-11 May 2018|
|8th Annual General Meeting and Conference for Heads of Anti−Corruption Agencies in Africa||Conference||Nigeria||TBC|
|Anti-Corruption Day to Commemorate the Adoption of the African Union Convention on Preventing and Combating Corruption (AUCPCC)||Campaign||Africa||11 July 2018|