31 August 2021 –
The UNCAC Coalition made four written submissions to the upcoming 12th resumed session of the UNCAC Implementation Review Group (IRG) and will be hosting three civil-society-led side events on the margins of the IRG.
The IRG is responsible for having an overview of the UNCAC review process and consider technical assistance requirements for the effective implementation of the Convention.
Our submissions highlight key challenges and best practice approaches, and include recommendations for States Parties to advance the fight against corruption in each of the following four areas:
- Advancing UNCAC implementation: Improving Effectiveness, Transparency and Inclusiveness of the Implementation Review Mechanism;
- Post-UNGASS: Advancing the Implementation of Commitments;
- Recognizing Victims of Corruption;
- Tackling Corruption related to Environmental Crimes.
The latter two submissions were respectively drafted by our working group on victims of corruption and our working group on environmental crime, building on the extensive expertise of the groups’ members.
In addition to the above submissions, we also submitted the following documents:
- A guide to Transparency and Participation in the UNCAC Review Mechanism (English, French, Spanish)
- The UNCAC Coalition Transparency Pledge (English, French, Spanish)
You can find more information on the 12th IRG Meeting, the programme for the NGO briefing, and NGO-led side events here.