Focal Point: Hebron Mwakagenda, Chairperson
Tel: +255 679 612683
Mission and vision
To see a corruption free society where transparency and accountability is practiced
General description of the CSO work in the anti-corruption area
We do the following:
- Civic education programs through radio and television
- Popularization of anticorruption legislation through popular booklet
- Working closely with private sector and media to combat corruption
- Conducting corruption surveys in local councils in Tanzania
- Conducting research on corruption in Tanzania
Specific description of the CSO work in relation to the UNCAC
TACN is implementing some monitoring activities in relation to the UNCAC and National Anti-Corruption strategies and action plans (NACSAP III). It is carrying out some civic education and advocacy on the new anticorruption law which was enacted in 2007. We co-authored and printed with PCCB a popular version of the law to make it reader friendly to the common citizens of Tanzania.
Specific description of the CSO work in relation to the review mechanism of the UNCAC
TACN participated fully in the preparation and the actual review process when Tanzania was assessed during the country visit by the review team which was led by Australia and Zambia if I am not mistaken. It gave TACN the inside experience of how countries are critically assessed.