Organisation name: Jordan Transparency Center (JTC)
Name of organisation’s representative: Hilda AJEILAT
Website: Facebook, Twitter
Which seat are you nominating for? Middle East and North Africa Regional Seat
Jordan Transparency Centre (JTC) is an NGO and NPO founded in 2011 that aims to enhance transparency, good governance, and to fight corruption by encouraging civic participation and monitoring, and improving Government’s accountability.
The UNCAC is one of JTC’s key drivers and resources to promote transparency. JTC has aligned itself with local and regional organisations as well as international coalitions. At the national level, JTC has built a close partnership with Jordan’s Integrity and Anti-Corruption Commission JIACC, the Audit Bureau, the Information Council and Parliamentary Committees, and signed an MoU with the Ministry of Education, the Applied Science University, and the Ministry of Youth.
Besides launching the “Universities Against Corruption” initiative intended to deepen their role in combating corruption, capacity building of JTC’s “Transparency Knights” has been the primary deliverable of the initiative along with improved civic duty.
Regionally, JTC is a member of the Arab Integrity and the Anti-Corruption Network ACINET, the Arab Network for Social Accountability and the Arab Anti-Corruption Organization.
Internationally, JTC is an elected member of the UNCAC Coalition’s Coordination Committee representing the MENA region and part of the International Criminal Court Coalition, the Open Government Partnership’s NGOs Group, and the Freedom of Information Network.
Furtermore, JTC has signed MoUs with Transparency Societies in Tunisia, Libya Kuwait and Bahrain.
- JTC is a member of the national team founded by to engage in the review process of UNCAC’s second cycle review (phase I) implementation by the state of Afghanistan.
- JTC participated in JIACC’s workshop on Risks of Corruption in Public Procurement.
- JTC organized a series of workshops on Right to Information to MPs and NGOs.
- JTC executed a project funded by NED whereby Carter Center’s Implementation.
- Assessment Tool was applied on 7 public agencies, to measure efficiency of ATI law’s implementation.
- JTC organized multiple discussion sessions, in collaboration with the Parliamentary Financial Committee, on Audit Bureau Reports to spot light discrepancies undertaken by public agencies.
- JTC launched “Universities against Corruption” initiative to enhance role of Universities in combating Corruption through incorporating UNCAC in Curricula, and establishing
integrity clubs to encourage students to tackle corruption and put forward solutions.
- JTC launched “My School My Integrity” initiative to build up integrity values among children through extracurricular activities.
- JTC submitted to the Prime Ministry their recommendations to the amendments of the laws of: Illicit Enrichment, Integrity and Anti-Corruption and RTI, as per the Prime Minister’s request.
- JTC and the Parliamentary Energy committee are working together on a study to come up with recommendation on promoting the Energy Sector in Jordan.
Top Three Priorities to Achieve for the Coalition
- Steady and continued membership growth of the Coalition
- More dynamic and proactive approach by the Coalition
- Increased interactive communications among Coalition’s members
Ms. Ajeilat is the CEO of Jordan Transparency Center (JTC). She has demonstrated leadership combined with good judgement throughout her eight years with JTC.
She is a member and active participant in a number of local & regional organisations, and international coalitions. At the national level, she managed to establish a partnership with Universities, Jordan’s Integrity and Anti-Corruption Commission, Audit Bureau, Information Council, Ministry of Education and the Ministry of Youth.
Ms. Ajeilat is managing JTC’s “Universities Against Corruption” initiative to deepen their role against corruption. The creation of the “Transparency Cavaliers” has been a primary deliverable of this initiative.
Regionally, she is representing JTC in Arab Integrity & Anti-Corruption Network, the Arab Network for Social Accountability, and the Arab Anti-Corruption Organization. Internationally, she is a member of the Open Government Partnership’s NGOs Group and the Freedom of Information Network.
Her other major achievements have been the conclusion of MoUs with Transparency Societies in Tunisia, Libya, Kuwait & Bahrain.
Ms. Ajeilat is a global honorary board member of the Confederation of the International Accreditation Commission, a member of the National Committee of Women for a Change in Education, the UN Post Agenda 2015 in Jordan, the Economic Policies Development Forum & the National Committee for Drafting a Code of Conduct for Registered Companies in Jordan.
Please allow approximately 24 hours before comments are approved.