Country: South Sudan
Social media: Facebook
Focal point: Luate Satimon Joel, Programme Officer
Tel: +211(0) 925638933
About the organisation
Advance South Sudan has operated in South Sudan since 2012, where we are the leading youth-led development agency. Each year we engage and support over 1000 youth to lead community development initiatives engaging thousands of young people. Our vision is to see young people becoming more responsible and taking leadership roles in addressing the most urgent issues facing society, supported by their communities, civil society, government, and businesses.
Advance South Sudan is a youth-led non-profit and governmental organisation that engages youth in creative and innovative approaches to promote good and responsible leadership and democratic governance in South Sudan with the following activities; legislative engagement, community dialogue forums, democracy/good governance policy awareness, youth and women empowerment. According to Article 9 of UNCAC which talks about public procurement and management of public finances, we were able to help to push our government in identifying and analysing it before it becomes junior law that helps in the management of the public resources.
- To strengthen participatory processes that promote good governance and sustainable peace at all levels of the society through Community dialogue forums, Media and public outreach programs to stimulate knowledge sharing and inclusive discussions on socio-cultural, economic, health and humanitarian issues for the wellbeing of the people of South Sudan.
- To advocate for community-based responses with a special focus on Behavior change communication for health and social development reform by promoting Health education on preventable, treatable diseases such as Malaria, Tuberculosis, etc. and HIV/AIDs. We also raise awareness on Adolescence Reproductive Health, WASH and Family planning programs.
- To enhance learning and social cohesion among south Sudanese communities through research, documentation and dissemination of best cultural practices and valuable information in the form of audio, visual and artistic publications for public use.
- To enhance livelihood mechanisms and leadership capacities of youth, women and displaced communities through entrepreneurial education, Income Generating Activities (IGAs) skills and protection programs in IDP/Refugee camps and grass-root communities.
- To strengthen the institutional capacity of ADVANCE in pursuing its vision of Prosperous, Equitable and Healthy communities through responsible leadership and behavior change communication