Ahead of the first-ever UN General Assembly Special Session (UNGASS) against Corruption, the UNCAC Coalition is hosting a pre-UNGASS meeting to present the take of civil society on key anti-corruption policies:
UNGASS 2021: A Civil Society Perspective on Action Needed to Advance Transparency and the Fight against Corruption.
This event will take place virtually on Monday, 31 May, 15:00-16:30 CET (9:00-10:30 am New York time), and will include a series of ‘lightning talks’ from leading civil society experts who will provide an analysis of the commitments made in the political declaration and discuss what further commitments and actions are needed.
List of topics and speakers
- Grand Corruption: Cynthia Gabriel, the Center to Combat Corruption and Cronyism (C4)
- Beneficial Ownership Transparency: Thom Townsend, Open Ownership
- Public Procurement Transparency: Kristen Robinson, Open Contracting Partnership
- Access to Information: Helen Darbishire, Access Info Europe
- Civic Space and Protection of Journalists and Activists: David Banisar, Article 19
- Tackling Impunity: Gladwell Otieno, Africa Centre for Open Governance (AfriCOG)
- Whistleblowing: Samantha Feinstein, Government Accountability Project (GAP)
- Victims of Corruption: Juanita Olaya, Impactools & Chair of UNCAC Coalition Working Group on Victims of Corruption
- Asset Recovery: Gillian Dell, Transparency International
Moderator: Mathias Huter, UNCAC Coalition
The event will be public and open to all interested stakeholders.