Organisation name: Transparency International Malaysia
Name of organisation’s representative: Dr. LOI Kheng Min
Address: 23, Jalan Pantai 9/7, 46000 Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia
Membership type: National Member Organization
Which seat are you nominating for? East Asia, Central Asia and Pacific
Transparency International Malaysia is a new player in the UNCAC Coalition activities but we view that there is an important role for us to play in this region. Dr KM Loi (Deputy President) and Ms Jessica Sercombe (Senior Manager) have attended training for Civil Society on the United Nations Convention Against Corruption (UNCAC) and its Review Mechanism in 2014 and looking forward to learn, share and exchange notes and experiences on the promotion of UNCAC-related activities. Among them are Walk Against Corruption 2014 and “A Collaboration between Civil Society and Government”. For the Transparency International (TI) movement, International Anti-Corruption Day is a unique opportunity for the TI Chapters, anti-corruption activists and civil society around the world to come together and hold public events to raise awareness about the need to wake up to corruption. This year’s 2014 Walk Against Corruption was the third annual event organised by TI-M since 2012, and some 750 people participated in this Walk Against Corruption.
Transparency International Malaysia (TI-M) is an independent, non-governmental and non- partisan organisation committed to the fight against corruption. Founded in 1998, TI-M is registered with the Registrar of Societies Malaysia as the Malaysian Society for Transparency and Integrity (ROS: ppm-007-10-28081999) and is the accredited National Chapter of the Berlin-based Transparency International.
- UNCAC: TI-Malaysia has participated in the training for Civil Society on the United Nations Convention Against Corruption (UNCAC) and its Review Mechanism in February 2014 and looking forward to work with various stakeholders engagement including the peer states parties review of Articles 5 – 14 of Chapter II (Preventive Measures) and Articles 51 – 59 of Chapter V (Asset Recovery) on our Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission in 2015/2016 exercise.
- UnmasktheCorruptCampaign: The overarching goal of the campaign is to end the secrecy that aids and abets the shifting of the proceeds of corruption across borders. The 24 month international initiative aims to make it more difficult, complicated, troublesome and illegal for the corrupt and their facilitators to move and enjoy their illicit assets, ultimately reducing the scope and incentive for large-scale theft of public money and/or solicitation of bribes and other facilitation payments.
LOI Kheng Min is Secretary-General of Transparency International Malaysia.
A member of Transparency International Malaysia since 2000. Now serving as Secretary-General for 2013 – 2015 term. Previously has held position as Committee Member (2002 – 2009 and 2011 – 2013). Once held the Secretary-General from 2008 – 2009.
A mechanical engineering background with post graduate management degrees (MBA & DBA) and has ten (10) years of hands-on working technical experience in the manufacturing environment covering food & beverages, chemical process, medical devices, rubber and plastic, metal industries, serving in the laboratory, quality assurance, manufacturing and general management functions.
KM Loi has fifteen (15) years of management skill in quality consulting, training and auditing with wide exposure to various industries in the context of ISO 9001, ISO 14001, SA 8000, OHSAS 18001, ISO 13485 & ISO/TS 16949 certifications and good manufacturing practices. He has expanded his experience and knowledge into Corporate Social Responsibility, Accountability, Ethics and Integrity components. He has also attended an Advanced Training program in Total Quality Management under SIDA programme (Sweden). Lecturing MBA programs in a local university.
- KM Loi is the Vice-Chair for ISO/PC 278 – Anti-Bribery Management System (ISO 37001).
- Chairman, National Technical Committee for Environmental Management System and Environmental Auditing – ISO/TC 207 TC1 and TC2.
- ISO/PC 278 (ISO 37001-Anti-Bribery QMS) Vice-Chair / Expert ISO/TC 207 (ISO 9001-EMS) Expert / Malaysian Representative ISO/TC 176 (ISO 14001-QMS) Expert / Malaysian Representative ISO/TC 207 SC 6 on Climate Change Expert
- ISO/TMB/WG (ISO 26000-Social Responsibility) Expert / Malaysian Representative
- Chairman of Prime Minister’s Hibiscus Award Technical Committee. Deputy Convener of MICCI Environment Committee
- Chair of MICCI Climate Change Subcommittee
- Vice President of British Graduates Association of Malaysia.
- Fellow of Quality Society of Australasia (FQSA)
- Fellow of Institute of Quality Malaysia (FIQM)
- Member of American Society for Quality (MASQ) Member of Asia-Pacific Quality Organization (MAPQO) Member of Malaysian Institute of Management (MMIM)