For its new Vienna office, the UNCAC Coalition is looking for an intern (full-time preferred, part-time may be possible) for a duration of 3-6 months.
The next possible starting date is in September 2019.
The UNCAC Coalition is an umbrella organisation, uniting civil society actors from all backgrounds committed to promoting the ratification, implementation and monitoring of the UN Convention against Corruption (UNCAC). The Convention is the only binding universal anti-corruption instrument and has been ratified by 186 countries.
The Coalition has a membership of over 100 civil society organisations and individuals on all continents, as well as a wider network of an additional 250 organisations. This membership harnesses a broad range of issues: human rights, anti-corruption, freedom of information, financial transparency and environmental expertise.
- Provide policy research support to the Coalition and member organisations (in particular relating to the implementation of the UN Convention against Corruption)
- Draft blog posts, work on improving and updating the Coalition’s website
- Draft and edit communication outputs (letters, statements, reports, proposals, etc.)
- Contribute to advocacy activities and outreach work
- Assistance in the organisation of events, including around governmental meetings at the UN (panel discussions, workshops, etc.)
- Engage with member organisations, non-member organisations and partners
- General administrative assistance in day-to-day operations
- Insights into the work of anti-corruption groups
- Steep learning curve and work on various different topics
- Small team, start-up like environment
- Salary: 1.200€ gross/month (based on 38.5 hours/week)
- Strong interest in the field of anti-corruption, government transparency and good governance
- Enrolled student in law, international relations, political science, or other relevant fields or recent graduate
- Excellent English language skills essential (the Coalition’s working language)
- Familiarity with WordPress is a plus
- Valid work permit for Austria
We value diversity and will consider your application without regards to nationality, origin, gender, gender identity or sexual orientation.