Managing Director, UNCAC Coalition
The UNCAC Coalition is in the process of appointing a Managing Director, based at its Hub in Vienna, Austria. Please see the job description for information about the role, the terms of employment and the recruitment process.
Only candidates entitled to work in Austria, able to be based in Vienna and with excellent command of both written and spoken in English and German are eligible to apply.
Shortlisted candidates considered by the Selection Committee appointed by the UNCAC Coalition Coordination Committee to fulfil all requirements will be invited for an interview.
The UNCAC Coalition is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and welcome applications from individuals irrespective of nationality, origin, race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation or other personal characteristics. Our policies encourage a workplace free from discrimination and any form of harassment.
For its new Vienna office, the UNCAC Coalition is regularly looking for an intern (full-time preferred, part-time may be possible) for a duration of 6 months.
The next anticipated starting date: March 2020.
The UNCAC Coalition is a globally active umbrella organisation, uniting civil society actors from all backgrounds committed to promoting the ratification, implementation and monitoring of the UN Convention against Corruption (UNCAC). The Convention is the only binding universal anti-corruption instrument and has been ratified by 186 countries.
The Coalition has a membership of over 100 civil society organisations and individuals on all continents, as well as a wider network of an additional 250 organisations. This membership harnesses a broad range of issues: human rights, anti-corruption, freedom of information, financial transparency and environmental expertise.
- Provide policy research support to the Coalition and member organisations (in particular relating to the implementation of the UN Convention against Corruption)
- Draft blog posts, work on improving and updating the Coalition’s website
- Draft and edit communication outputs (letters, statements, reports, proposals, etc.)
- Contribute to advocacy activities and outreach work
- Assistance in the organisation of events, including around governmental meetings at the UN (panel discussions, workshops, etc.)
- Engage with member organisations, non-member organisations and partners
- General administrative assistance in day-to-day operations
- Insights into the work of anti-corruption groups
- Steep learning curve and work on various different topics
- Small team, start-up like environment
- Salary: 1.400€ gross/month (based on 38.5 hours/week; plus 13th/14th salary proportionally)
- Keen interest in the field of anti-corruption, government transparency and good governance
- Enrolled student in law, international relations, political science, or other relevant fields or recent graduate
- Excellent English language skills essential (the Coalition’s working language), including strong writing and editing skills
- Writing and editing experience is a plus
- Familiarity with WordPress is a plus
- Valid work permit for Austria
Closing date: 12 January 2020.
Due to the high volume, we may not be able to provide individual feedback on your application. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted after the deadline with a short assignment.
At the UNCAC Coalition, we value diversity and welcome applications from qualified individuals, irrespective of nationality, origin, race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation or other personal characteristics. Our policies encourage a workplace free from discrimination and any form of harassment.