The following seats are up for election:
- 1 – Europe Regional Seat 2
- 2 – International Member Organisation Seat 2
- 3 – East Asia, Central Asia and Pacific Regional Seat
- 4 – Middle-East and North Africa Regional Seat
- 5 – Sub-Saharan African Regional Seat 2
Relevant documents and forms
- CCC Election Rules of procedure (.pdf)
- Candidate Nomination and Self-Nomination form 2019 (.docx)
- Coalition governance page
Timeline of the election
- Mon, 25 March: Announcement to the membership via email and on the Coalition website; Nomination period begins
- Sun, 12 May: Deadline for nominations
- Mon, 13 May: Email and instructions sent to members with passwords for casting the ballot, along with information on the candidates. Profiles of all candidates are published on the UNCAC Coalition website, a forum for questions and answers to candidates is provided
- Mon, 27-Fri, 31 May: Voting open (via remote balloting) for the CCC election
Important notes on voting and nominationsCandidates may be self-nominated or nominated by other Members, with the agreement of the nominated candidate. Candidates can only be accepted for the category in which they are members (according to region, organisation/individual membership).
To nominate for a seat, candidates must provide the completed candidacy form attached. The Vienna Hub office will share the profiles of all candidates via email to Ordinary Members only, and the election rules are outlined in the approved Rules of Procedure, which you can find attached.
Only ordinary members are eligible to vote in Coalition elections, and only ordinary members will receive electronic ballots.
Once all nominations have been received, the Vienna Hub team, on behalf of the Coordination Committee, will prepare a ballot paper on an online voting platform. The election system will be an online and anonymous voting system – presumably Election Buddy, which we have used successfully in the past four years of elections.