Focal Point: Jane Favour Chukwukere, Executive Director
Tel: +234 803 334 8315, +234 805 877 9439
Mission and vision
Vision: A society where the disadvantaged and vulnerable groups have access to positive development opportunities.
Mission: Providing support to the disadvantaged and Vulnerable groups in society through community engagement, capacity building and support services as means of establishing a platform for Peace and Positive Social Reforms.
General description of the CSO work in the anti-corruption area
- Identification and advocacy to relevant stakeholders (Anti-Corruption Agencies, Ministries, Departments and Agencies, Government Officials, Higher Institutions, Community Leaders, CSOs) on Public Expenditure Tracking, Budgeting and other corrupt Practices.
- Partnering with: Anti-Corruption (Anti-graft) Agencies; religious leaders on enlightenment and ways to expose and report corrupt practices; and the Media on our anti-corruption programmes.
- Development of a training manual for Budget and Public Expenditure Tracking, as well as capacity building of grass roots and Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) to engage in budget processes at all levels.
- Education and sensitization programmes to targeted groups on corrupt practices, as well encouraging access to report/expose corruption.
- Executive Director serves on Independent Corrupt Practices and other related offences Commission (ICPC Anti-Corruption Agency) State Advisory Committee on the fight against corruption.
- We hold Open Budget and Public Expenditure discussions on radio and television.
Specific description of the CSO work in relation to the UNCAC
- We have been advising relevant stakeholders on Transparency, Accountability and Good Governance.
- Our organization has been trained by UNDP Nigeria on ways to fight corruption in our society. We also belong to numerous Networks/Coalitions fighting corruption, including Development Watch Initiative (DWI) – a coalition of NGOs working on good governance and anti-corruption in Nigeria.
Specific description of the CSO work in relation to the review mechanism of the UNCAC
Our organization’s efforts fall in line with UNCAC review mechanisms:
- Advise the government on Transparency and Accountability in Budget Processes and Public Expenditure.
- Provide training and re-training of Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) and Community-Based Organizations (CBOs) to engage in Budget Process at all levels in the country.
- Executive Director serves on Independent Corrupt Practices and other related offences Commission (ICPC) State Advisory Committee on the fight against corruption.
We have carried out numerous interventions pertaining to anti-corruption and still scaling up activities in the face of emerging challenges.